Pest control company, Pied Piper Pest Control, are an established vermin an pest control company operating throughout East Sussex and West Sussex and parts of Surrey and Kent.
We operate a 24hr emergency service and all our qualified pest control experts use unmarked vans when visiting clients. Pied Piper Pest Control offers short contract, spot treatment, routine or long-term pest control contracts individually tailored to suit your requirements.
All our pest control and removal methods emply the latest and most advanced methods whether it be chemical or natural process required. All our mechanical and electrical pest control devices are supplied and fitted and we also supply and fit offer a wide range of personal hygiene services and facilities.
We are happy to conduct surveys, planning, monitoring and maintenance programmes. Pied Piper Pest Control will also give guidance and advice as to the prevention of further infestations in accordance to Environmental Health regulations.
"A pest can be defined as a creature which is undesirable in a particular situation, for reasons of health and hygiene, comfort and acceptability."
(NRH Burgess. Public Health Pests. 1990).
Commercial Pest Control
We can help your company to adhere to Environmental, Health, Health and Safety and the Food Safety Act (1990) Regulations, by offering a coherent method of implementing a carefully drawn up plan for pest monitoring, control and prevention. The plan may be used to demonstrate that "due diligence" has been taken to comply with the regulations.
Set out below is our carefully structured method of planning an effective pest control and prevention scheme. Most operations can be guaranteed to be with in Environmental Health and the Food Safety Act (1990) Regulations (dependant on certain site conditions being met). We at Pied Piper Pest Control follow the tried and tested 5 point pest control programme, which includes:
- A Survey - The initial survey helps us to correctly identify the pest, which usually includes a detailed search of the vicinity of the affected area. Once the pest has been identified, the measures required to control it can be accurately determined.
- Planning - At this stage planning the most effective active ingredients and/or habitat management, and methods of application can be assessed. The areas to be treated can be determined and the practical aspects considered. Upon request, a survey report can be compiled listing evidence of pest species, recommendations of control measures (including maintenance) and an estimate of the costs of carrying out that work.
- The Control Measures - Our efficient survey and comprehensive planning should ensure that the actual control measures are carried out quickly and effectively. This 5 point plan will ensure that the pesticides, which are essentially toxic substances, are used and directed specifically at the pest itself, and do not affect non-targeted organisms nor contaminate the immediate and/or macro environment.
- Monitoring programme - It is important to determine, through monitoring, the success or failure of the chosen control measures. With our Pest Prevention Scheme this monitoring process is included in the price. The evidence gathered at this time may occasionally result in significant changes from the control an monitoring plan. This may also include a slight price revision (with consultation with the client). Our Pest Prevention Scheme includes an emergency 24 hr. call out service.
- Maintenance programme - Follow up measures may be necessary as part of a maintenance programme. Initial pesticide treatment may not, for example, affect insect eggs so that future treatment may be necessary once these eggs have hatched. Customers utilising our Pest Prevention Scheme will have their Treatment Report Cards issued as evidence of "due diligence" in environmental health monitoring and control.
back to top